No Computer At Home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I don't get to log onto this a lot because I don't have a computer. But I do about 70 dives a year and mostly in cold water with a dry suit. I've been diving a little over 18 years and have over 1,200 dives. About 250 are on warm water vacations. I just received my Master Diver card.

Last year I had trouble in the winter time because my hands were too cold. They've been cold before, but not bad enough that I had to end the dive. Any suggesions that won't cost a fortune?

Hi ...
wavey.gif
& Welcome to ...

:sblogo:
banana.gif
I take it your wearing heavy enough gloves ...? Before getting in the water are you keeping them from the elements? I don't have a clue but there plenty here that can help.

You might shoot TSandM a pm and ask her ... if you'd like to ask someone in the know. Then theres the DAN help line below.

Hi Alexine...I dive around Cape Cod pretty much year round. I went to EMS and bought a pair of fleece gloves that I wear under my dry suit gloves. They provide much greater warmth than just the dry suit gloves alone.

welcome aboard

Of course I'm taking it that you did all the things to keep your hands warmer by trying different gloves etc and still have hands to cold. I was thinking in terms of something wrong medically poor circulation etc. that is why I told you to PM TSandM she's a medical doctor.

I get the feeling that you think I have dry gloves. I don't. I used semi-dry neoprene mitts that worked well, but they wore out. I tried to get the same ones but was told that they don't make them anymore. Therefore, I got the semi-dry neoprene gloves that I was told work just as well. They don't. I ordered neoprene dry mitts last June, but they haven't come in. I'm told that "Waterproof" is in Sweden and that they have problems with their deliveries. I don't have the money to heat my house. I can't spend $$$ for dry gloves.

Yes, my hands do get colder than the average person because I have very small vains. I do put the heat on in the car so that they are as warm as possible when I start out. I did have semi-dry neoprene mitts that worked all right, but they wore out. I tried to get the same thing but was told they are not made anymore. I therefore purchased a semi-dry glove that I was told works just as well. It doesn't. I ordered neoprene dry mitts from "Waterproof" last June. They haven't come in. The dive shop I ordered them from told me that they have problems with deliveries from this company. Is there something else you know of that doesn't cost $$$. I need to also consider heat this winter. Last year I could only heat to 55.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom