greettings from the tip of Michigan questions about getting started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoryH

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone im new here been interested in diving for awhile now since i live within a 50mile area of hundreds of shipwrecks. I though i might as well get trained, but theres one problem that hopefully you people on here can help with.My wife would like to get certified to but she's disabled. So im wondering if there is anywhere near northern michigan that would be able/willing to train a disabled person to dive.Anyone with any info would be a huge help.

welcome aboard

Hi CoryH,
Welcome! I have some info that may help you get your wife certified as well. There is an agency in Illinois call Dive Heart. It's the Diveherat Foundation, 900 Ogden Ave. #274. Downers Grove, Il. 60515. Website...The DiveHeart Foundation - Home. Phone...630-964-1983. or e-mail at....info@diveheart.org.

They dive with us quit often and are an awesome group of people. We love having them and the excitement from the children and adults alike is definitely rewarding.

Good luck and would love to see you and your wife dive together.

Greetings and welcome to the board. Good luck on your search. I know a shop in Toledo that teaches disabled students, but that is a long way from you.

Back
Top Bottom