Certified!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddub23

Contributor
Reaction score
My wife and I did our OW dives this weekend in Monterey. Visibility was very poor on day one, but by Sunday, vis was 10-15ft. For everyone that gave us encouragement and told us to relax, thanks. It was amazing and not as nerveracking as I would have thought. I guess the training and repetition in the pool provided the right amount of confidence and competency in our skills. The instructional staff was outstanding. See you under water!

PS: Even though I have a million things to do this weekend, my first thought was to go diving. Is this normal?:confused: Later!

ddub23 once bubbled...

PS: Even though I have a million things to do this weekend, my first thought was to go diving. Is this normal?:confused: Later!

Yeah, it is. Better get used to it.:D

Congratulations. Have fun and be safe.

ddub23 once bubbled...

it is normal at first, wait until you have a few more dives under your belt then you want to go diving everyday, not just weekends.

I think you should return to Monterey sometime no after a storm because 10-15 feet of vis is moderate/poor even for that area, so next time be ready to see further

Welcome to scuba, and to the board :D =-) :D

Yes it's normal!! Got certified last Sept - and every weekend we'd blow off the chores and go to the lake with our cert. classmates ..... it's too late, there's no turning back now!! You're hooked!!:)

On getting OW ceritified. Its great getting certified with your signifact other, but as someone else said on the boards, now you have to buy 2 of everything. :)

Have Fun, Dive Safe

Welcome to scubaboard, try a couple more dives. When you become more confident, go for AOW.

Welcome to Scuba Board and the diving community!

You are now well on your way to developing a one track mind........just like the rest of us!

DSAO!

Back
Top Bottom