Newbie looking for South Florida Divers!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello!

I'm an advanced diver looking to become more familiar with the diving in South Florida and would like to meet some fellow divers. I've spent so much time diving in other places, and hardly any in my back yard so I really look forward to learning more from what is already posted on Scuba board as well as any suggestions members may share. I live in Ft. Myers, but will be spending a lot of time on the east coast of Florida, would like to know of any clubs, recommeded dive shops, etc on that side.

i live in cape coral, in ft myers deans dive shop does dive on the other coast and the keys, underwater explorers goes to the keys a lot to do there classes and they take other people also i used to go sometimes and i went when they would do an advanced class also, and you and a buddy can go off and do your own thing, also they meet for dinner usually on the saturday night in the keys either at a sushi place of an italian place. good people will help you if needed or let you do your own thing. good luck, Dan

also the caloosa dive club meets in cape coral on thurs nights at around 7:30 starts at 8:00 i joined this year, lots of older people, but all kinds, photo people, spearfishing, sightseers, but all seem to be good, there web site is diveclub.org, check it out, i'm in the spearfishing section, iv'e gone on a few trips with them, just got back from riviera beach, and went to the dry tortugas also. ther is a meeting this thurs. hope to see you there.

welcome abroad

welcome. you'll find the Florida Conch divers section pretty active with information and people diving all over the place - Keys, Ft Lauderdale, Boynton etc. and on the Gulf side - usually lots of threads for Venice or the Tampa Area. Not so much goes out of Ft Myers - usually more like occasional charters organized by dive shops (you can find various threads discussing diving in the gulf - not everyones cup of tea, but can be great) . I frequent Deans Dive Center in South Ft Myers.
For your trips to the east coast, I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations depending on the locaiton you'll be visiting. Just post away and you'll get more opinions than you know what to do with !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom