Advice on getting started diving in Az?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Geib

Reaction score
I want to dive, I live in Az (Prescott). Anyone have advice on where to begin? The best way to go about getting certified (dos and donts Etc...)? I have some artwork of mine posted on the classified section of SB, but I have never put on a tank. I am really uncomfortable maybe even phobic with "blackwater". I like to see whats under me, does anyone else that dives deal with this? ~~~~~~~~~Rick

Tou may have to have trust in your training,gear and emergency procedures before you can do blackwater diving.Find your local dive shop and talk to them about a course.Dont worry about a no vis situation till the need arises.[first word says tou I meant you.Im a better diver than typer.

welcome aboard

I don't believe there are any shops in Prescott but there are plenty of them in the valley. El Mar, Scuba Sciences, Sports Chalet and many more stop in and talk to them. We do most of our local Diving at Lake Pleasant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom