Newbie looking for dive comp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey, I've just taken up diving about 4 months ago and have clocked 20+ dives to date. Keen on getting a wristop dive computer but not sure what to get. I have a list of criteria including, if possible, getting a comp doubling up as an everyday watch. All I know is Suunto and they're not the cheapest. Anyone out there with any tips?

if your interested, ScubaToys has the Atom 2.0 discounted to $799 and they are a Oceanic dealer, not to mention that they have always been very helpful to anyone with questions or needing service ...
Oceanic Atom 2.0 Computer, Oceanic

Suunto D9 is Expensive But I've been happy with mine, I bought it back in April / May 2008, I wouldn't use it as a double up for everyday Wristwatch, as not worth damaging it (I'm yet to get the protective cover for it - try to protect the glass!), however on Dive trips no reason not to use it to keep track of time. I'm also using the remote receiver that screws into 1st Stage Regulator, So far it has been fairly reliable.
Dave

welcome aboard

That was so 7 years ago...:D Tough to wear on a wrist also...

check the posting date...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom