Restarting my Dive Life in Virginia after a lay off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stu in Virginia

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I have been out of the water for about 8 years, partially because I live in Northern Va and my military career has made me "a little busy" lately. I just retired from the military and the first thing I did was take my youngest son (13) to Cozumel to share my love of diving with him and restart my bum-like addiction to my favorite activity! He did the resort discovery program and is hooked as well.

Will be taking both of my boys to Key Largo for Christmas and will be looking for advice on good open water certification deals or ideas to minimize cost and maximize learning and safety.

Also looking to get into Central/Northern Va dive groups that are social and offer a lot of opportunities to dive locally and regionally.

Also, just wanted to say hi, and that it is nice to be back.

Hey Stu! I'm in Gloucester near Yorktown. Welcome to Scubaboard. It sounds like you have a nice Christmas trip lined up. I dive mostly the VA Beach area, as I have since the 80's. Uncle Sam was kind enough to send me to Guam for a few years and I greatly enjoyed diving there.

Thanks Patrick. I am sure I'll be down in Va Beach next summer. I look forward to some of the wrecks you all have down that way. I had assignments in O'ahu and Okinawa and got a lot of use of my equipment out there. Never hit Guam.

Ahhhhh,,, Guam. Those were the days. SCUBA cut at Anderson, Gun beach off of Tumon bay, Piti bomb holes, Apra harbor, the blue hole on the south end of the island and a lot of other great diving areas. Great diving, probable some of the best I have ever had. Man I miss that island.

welcome aboard

Back
Top Bottom