I am new to Scuba Dive and have a question!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nino0057

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

Thank you for vising my Thread. I am had my first open water check out Dive today.

It when really well except for a small pain I got in my back while in the surface after the dive. I asked my instructor and he said that it was the weight of the BC with Tank and all the rest of the equipment but I am not too sure.

The pain is actually very high up on my back almost at level with my chest and at the center. I wonder if any of you out there have experience this before and if it's something I should be worry about and if it was really caused by the weight of the equipment. Please let me know as my second dives are tomorrow and I would like to know before doing another dive.

Thanks for your time,

A New Diver!

Hello and welcome to the board. The weight of the equipment can lead to some pain, especially if you aren't used to the weight and load on you from the equipment. That being said there are many things that can cause pain, ranging from a muscle strain all the way to something very severe and life threatening. It is impossible to say what could have caused the pain based on what you post.

I THINK IT'S BECAUSE YOUR NOT USE TO USING THOSE MUSCLES; I ALSO WENT TO DEVIL'S DEN TODAY STEEL TANKS UP AND DOWN STAIRS AND I'M KINDA NEW ALSO.
MY BACK IS SORE STILL, I GUESS WE JUST GOTTA WORK OUT MORE:shakehead:

welcome aboard

Guys,

Thank you so much for all your help. The pain is definitely going away. I feel much better and less worry. BTW my next dives will be this coming weekend I would keep you guys posted as how they go.

Thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom