First post -St Augustine Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been diving and spear fishing in Florida for about 10 years. I live in St. Augustine Florida, where I do most of my diving, but I also enjoy diving in the Gulf, the Florida Keys, and Daytona.

The majority of natural ledges off of St. Augustine are around 40 miles out from the St. Augustine inlet. The ledges are anywhere from 120-130 feet deep. I prefer to dive the inshore wrecks and the artificial reefs which consist mainly of culverts, barges, and plane wrecks. The inshore dive spots are around 60-80 feet deep.

Anybody else from St Augustine FL out there?

Welcome to the board. What do you mean by inshore diving? Do you mean near shore east past the Demarcation line witch "is" offshore or inshore west of the Demarcation line. Just asking for my own clarification. Because I have family that lives there and I dive there and I am always looking for new spots to go. 60 to 80 feet sounds like the artificial reefs "offshore" but I could be wrong.

Again welcome to the board. Just trying to clarifiy.

Hey Capt Walt

We usually are out 15 to 20 miles. Lots of culverts and some barges, planes and a few natural ledges. I dove the red snapper sink a couple of times. It's suppose to be bottomless. I allways feel like something going to come up and eat me.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom