Need to patch a leak in my BCD...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hi,
Looks like this is not the best spot to post this question, but I'm a newbie and have not found my way around yet...

Anyways, I picked up A used ScubaPro Classic BCD from my buddy, but it has 3 small leaks along the edges coming out from the stiching...and it looks like the scubapro classic does not use air bladders, just an airproof jacket I guess...

how do I fix this? I was thinking of just covering the general area with epoxy since I cant find a way into the jacket.

Any help welcome.

Cheers,

Austin.

Hi
I,m a newbie too so was browsing to find an answer to your question. I just bought a used BCD which has a very small hole in it. I've sent of for some Aquasure on the internet and have also bought a puncture repair kit. I'll let you know if it works as the Aquasure hasn't arrived yet.

Howdy both of y'all and welcome to SB!

Here's a link to the Buoyancy Compensators (BC's) and Weight Systems forum where you may find answers or repost your questions. I was talking with Oceanic today about a small leak on mine but need to do more testing and shoot some pics.

Call if you haven't done so already...SCUBAPRO. I have found them to be very helpful always. I have two classic pluss BC's and found them to be extremly durable. Without knowing more or seeing the equipment my self I will reserve any advice to......go to the manufacturer.

Welcome to the board from Savannah Ga.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom