New to the Scuba Community

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgdino

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello!
My name is Jack and I am very excited to be part of the scuba community. Growing up in the generation that watched the under sea adventures of "Jacques Cousteau" on Sunday evenings really left quite an impression on me. Scuba diving is something that I have always wanted to do and now after 39 years I am finally able to accomplish that goal. I am on track to complete my 4 OWD's on Oct. 11th at Haigh Quarray in Illinois.

If anyone has any suggestions to best prepare me for this dive I would enjoy hearing from you.

Regards,
Jack

Springfield, Illinois

Welcome to the hobby and welcome to ScubaBoard :)

My advice to you for your first OW dives is to relax and take your time. Get plenty of sleep the night before and eat a good breakfast before heading out. If you are doing all 4 dives in the same day be sure to bring plenty of fluids and some food to eat during your surface intervals.

You are earning yourself a 'license to learn' so don't be too hard on yourself if you run ito any difficulties.

Most of all.. HAVE FUN!!!

Nice to have you here at Scubaboard! Welcome and have some fun with us! I've never had a dive in fresh water, we are spoiled here in Florida with warm saltwater to dive in, but sending you lots of success for those OW dives!

welcome aboard

As a relatively new member to the dive community myself, I welcome you. I completed my OW certification at Haigh Quarry in August. I now have 8 dives there. If you are ever looking for a dive partner with similiar dive experience, let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom