I just signed up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnlurie

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello,

My name is Jim and I just wanted to introduce myself.

:sharkattack:I live in San Pedro, CA and I do not know many other divers in my area. I belong to a dive club here, but I travel so much during the week I never get the chance to attend the culb meetings. If anyone wants to do some So Cal diving please send me a reply, or point me in the right direction so I can meet some local divers like myself. My cert is Advanced Open Water.

Thanks

Hmmm Well im quiet a ways away In oklahoma but non the less welcome to the board!

welcome aboard

Welcome to the 'board!!!!!!!!

You want dive buddies, then feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in the fun: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/ Plenty enough around to dive every day of the week with new buddies for 6 months+ Check out the sub-forum for more reasons to dive:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/beach-crabs/ Just invite yourself to our many dives and say hi.... Hope to see you in the water someday soon!

Hello Jim, I am new to this site also but live close to San Pedro. We have a boat at the Cabrillo Marina. Are you a Lobster Hunter? Do you prefer boat or beach diving?
I have met alot of divers that do alot of PV and Malibu beach diving. So let me know and I can introduce you to the locals I know.

Welcome to the board!!! Great advise above, and you can check out the buddy finder page at the top...

Welcome aboard!

Hello Howlinghooves,

Thank you for the warm welcome.I myself had a boat(Searay 300 express cruiser) in Cabrillo Marina. I was at slip B-48 close to the office. We bought a nice house in SP and my wife told me we can not afford both, so I had to sell it.

I used to skin dive and get lobster off the coast close to where I live , but I had not had the oportunity to go scuba diving and get any yet. I was diving in Catalina Island last Sunday and saw plenty of them, but we were in a protected area for the bugs. I would love to catch some local ones here off the peninsula.

I enjoy any kind of diving, beach or boat. Boat is better, no sand. It would be nice to get some tips from an experienced bug hunter.

Do you belong to a dive club? I am with Pacific Wilderness here in SP

You've definitely come to the right place! Lots active divers from your area frequent this board. Visit the sections mentioned above and you're bound to meet a lot of new dive buddies and friends! Heck, if they can welcome an Ohio bunny-ear-wearing diver with open arms they'll accept anyone :D I think they have a dive gathering at Catalina sometime in November, they call it the "Wrinkles" dive. We had a blast when we flew out and attended, you really should join them!
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom