Cocos Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey folks,
I am new to this forum. Hi to all.
I always wanted to go to Cocos Island in Costa Rica. Anyone know the best time to go and a good outfit to go with?
Thanks.

Hi!
Thinking of Cocos? Any time you go, you will find it a great place to dive. Fall seems to have bigger schools of hammers and they come close. Baitballs too!

I like June thru September, but Cocos is good yearround.

There are only two outfits that do Cocos: Aggressor (the Okeanos Aggressor) and the Undersea Hunter Group (which has three boats: the Sea Hunter, the Undersea Hunter, and the Argos, altho the argos is not on a fixed Cocos schedule).

I've only been on the Sea Hunter and the Undersea Hunter and recommend them highly.

welcome aboard

When considering big animal sites, many seasoned divers regard Cocos as a charter member of the elite dive locales on this planet.

Diving Cocos/Malpelo will be demanding. Pay attention, stay alert, and give yourself a wide margin of safety on every dive.

August is the month for schooling hammerheads.

Malpelo can be magnificent as well but, the combined trip is offered only on a limited basis.

Hey you all,

For those of you interested in Cocos Island. I just got the newsletter from my buddies at Imaging Foundation. They have 2 trips planned to Cocos later this year and only a couple of spaces left. One is Nov 30 - Dec. 10. The other one is Dec 12 -23. Both are aboard the Sea Hunter. Awesome group of people and a great boat and crew!
If you are interested, email them at: info@imagingfoundation.org. Or call them at 360-570-3453 for more info.

Back
Top Bottom