Diving in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

llprouse

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone! So, I'm new to scuba board and wanted to ask everyone some advice. My husband and I are thinking that we may travel to Cozumel in December. We would like to do this as cheaply as possible. We're kind of leaning toward an all inclusive resort but are open to opinions. We will obviously be diving there (as much as we can) so suggestions on dive companies would be great as well. I welcome both positive and negative comments. Thanks in advance for all your info!!!

Laura

Check out the Scuba Club - all inclusive (except booze), close to town, shore diving available. No frills, but clean/simple accommodations and good/average food.

Dave (aka "squirt")

Hello everyone! So, I'm new to scuba board and wanted to ask everyone some advice. My husband and I are thinking that we may travel to Cozumel in December. We would like to do this as cheaply as possible. We're kind of leaning toward an all inclusive resort but are open to opinions. We will obviously be diving there (as much as we can) so suggestions on dive companies would be great as well. I welcome both positive and negative comments. Thanks in advance for all your info!!! Laura

Welcome to the Board, and with a little exploring you will find answers to all your questions, on this board. Go to the top of every page and click on a button labeled "Forums". . . scroll waay down to "Regional Travel. . ." scroll down further till you reach "Mexico" that will cover diving on the east and west coast of the country. . . Look further and click on "Cozumel". and one of the biggest travel forums opens up.

Open up the first message, listed as a "sticky" A popular member of the forum will answer many questions for the first time traveler. This member offers a restaurant page and price lists. You ask about all inclusive. Good choice for many locations around the world, Cozumel addicts ( any one who's been there once, plans to go again). prefer the local restaurants, fabulous choices in any price ranges.

Diving questions are asked and answered every day on the forum. . . but just realize that boat diving is world class. There is an underwater park along the southern west shore of the island. Dive boats will drop off small numbers of divers from "six pack" boats, 30 divers from some of the large operations. Most diving is "drift" diving with the current moving divers, south to north at a walking pace. Diving inside the park requires a park guide for every 8 divers, so you will have supervision to answer your questions, and the guides speak English, better than a Texan.

Cozumel at Christmas time is very busy. Search the forum and you'll find Hotel references, and dive operators. . . you can mix and match, with hotel pick up for most southern hotels. Hotels North of town are a long boat ride to the park, and you may have to taxi south to get on a dive boat. Start making reservations very quickly. . . many hotels are booked solid, and many diver operators are booked already. Don't give up yet, just don't wait too long. When talking by phone with the hotel or dive shop, if they are full, they will try to help you make a local connection. Emails are not universal, but many shops can work with you.

You don't mention your dive experience. . . almost every shop can handle a beginning diver, and there is the additional option to hire a personal guide for your first few dives.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom