New to this site with quick question on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fdrcva42

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Looking for recommendation on 4 or 5 star resort on Bonaire. Taking wife down for her 50th and she like to be pamperd. Can any of your great divers with Bonaire experience help?
Thank you all in advance.
Sickticket

I stayed at the Divi Flamingo earlier this year. Maybe not a "five star" resort but it was nice, the price was right and the dive operation went very smoothly. All in all a very nice experience. There are good resturaunts in town walking distance away. I did not partake but I recall that there is a a spa on site.

Oh, by the way, you can contact me directly with your information at pmoyer@pemnet.com
Thanks
Howdy and Welcome to SB.com!
Big_eyed.gif

You may not get any emails, other than auto mail to notify you of posts to your threads. Hope you asked on the ABC forum, too.

Click Forums at the top to start checking all the choices, and try our :search: feature. Hope you enjoy your time here. Click my Username to PM me if I can help? Helpful Hint: I have UserCP bookmarked as the page I go to first when I come onto SB.

thnks1agan.gif
don :cowboy:
[c]
fbottom2.gif

[/c]

This one is easy....there are no 4 or 5 star pamper you resorts on Bonaire. Plenty of reasonable places to stay but nothing fancy. Aruba or maybe Curacao would be a better choice. Bonaire is about diving not hanging out at a resort and being pampered.

And that is why we love it so...:D

I agree it is not a pamper you island but there are some "comfy" and nice accommodations and some pretty nice restaurants. If you truly want 5 star, do not go to Bonaire. It is 5 star diving though.

This one is easy....there are no 4 or 5 star pamper you resorts on Bonaire. Plenty of reasonable places to stay but nothing fancy. Aruba or maybe Curacao would be a better choice. Bonaire is about diving not hanging out at a resort and being pampered.

Herman nailed it.

Welcome to the board. As others have stated, Bonaire is about diving on your own and at your leisure. I think that the Plaza is about as close as you will get to 5 stars there. I know some folks that got massages there anyway. Dont know of another resort there that offers even that.

Thank you all so very much for your insight. The tourism bureau is sending me info on the area and plenty of fellow divers have already told me where they would suggest we stay.
Really looking forward to this diving trip.
Again, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom