Travel as divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cassberk

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,
I am new to this site and hope to gain a lot of knowledge about diving as well as broadening my horizons of the sport. I am currently a college student and am interested in traveling after college. I don't have the funds to send myself around the globe, but figured that my love for diving could help me.
I was wondering how realistic it is to work around the world as a divemaster. I am not interested in making this a career, simply doing it for a year or two at different places around the world while putting a bit of money in my pocket. My main emphasis is on traveling but i love to dive and thought that integrating the two would be perfect. If anyone with any experience or knowledge on the subject could give me a realistic view on the matter id appreciate it. Thanks.

Well first off welcome to the board. I would imagine with the current prices it would be real difficult to do it in a year. But not imposable. Moving gear from on place to another would be a logistic nightmare on a duck tape budget. I travel with my gear all over the world so I know how hard it has become with the present security measures. Again Not imposable. If you plane to use their gear and go with the clothes on your back it could get easy-er. But I would bring at least your own reg. I am not clamming to have done this myself as you are wanting to do. But I have traveled all over the world and loved the heck out of it. I wish you good luck in how ever you accomplish your goal. Everyone should at least try....it is an incredible world brah.

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom