The miracle dive!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
This is my introduction...

Hello you "Better Divers" than "Me"!

"Me" (short for "Marie" ;-), and hubby is Joe (short for Joseph). I use the nick "JoesWifeMarie" to avoid getting hit on (sorry you singles out there), so PLEASE don't call me "Joe" okay? :blinking:

Life sure is interesting, isn't it? Especially when we share our life with others, and learn by others who have "been-there-done-that". I have proof there truly is a God.

I came here because of my last BIG dive that led to an incredible miracle (in Biblical proportion), for which I cannot hide, PLEASE forgive me, I have to tell as many as possible. "The Miracle Dive!" is something every soul should know about and I'm hoping they're in the RIGHT frame of mind to receive and be blessed by. I also am interested in anyone with knowledge of such happenings, for which I shouldn't feel all alone about.

My "frame of mind":
I just spent 53 years living for truth in all things (from taking God's words for granted to taking them dead serious!), keeping my heart and thoughts from evil, and from those who don't know they listen to demons (wrong frame of mind), tried my hardest to please God (not self). I am not "self" willed, nor "self" motivated, but honest, fair and loving (treating others as I would like to be treated "doing God's will"). In the right spirit, fearing only God. Since He warns us about lying, we will not be allowed in heaven, now (hearing our prayer) or after death (Rev. 21:27), I cannot lie, my soul depends on it!

Summer of 1987
Took our 2 young sons to Kelly's Island in Lake Erie...camped, hiked, swam, and dove off a cliff into crystal clear water.

(This website's policy won't let me show you a pic. until I post 5 times on it, sorry)

They sure got a big kick out of it! But I snapped my back in mid air and almost drowned. I was in shock, and that God would allow this to happen to me, but found out years later we are to thank Him for "everything", there is a purpose. Now I do. But then, I was not thankful but borderline doubtful there was a God, guess you could say, more hurt spiritually than physically.

Doctor's office ASAP, on pain killers, mussel relaxers, cold/hot compresses, etc. < gave up! useless, too expensive too.

For 9 years following that BIG dive, every time I would use my back for lifting, moving, leaning, etc. I was in pain. Anyone here know what I mean?

August 22, 1996 (about 6am)
Woke up with an unusual amount of energy, took advantage of it.
(about 8am)
Finished extensive cleaning the yard of debris, struggling with so much pain that was getting worse and worse, the whole time thinking "I'll just relax later", but this time I over did it! In extreme pain, I stopped. It was so excruciating (worse than ever!), I basically crawled in the back patio doors and immediately laid on the floor. Looking upward, deciding what to do, no one else around for help, with a phone at my left, I could have called for an ambulance, but instead, I called on the Lord.

"Lord, You know all that I have been through with You, if a Christian would be healed by You from prayer as You say, don't You think I should? Will You heal my back?" and immediately I started counting on my left hand (to distract myself from doubting < which is a turn off to God He said), feeling worthy/having faith/counting, "One, two, thr..." AND ALL OF THE PAIN LEFT ON THE THIRD COUNT! I jumped to my feet and moved all around to see if it would come back but didn't, in complete amazement, I realized the healing was too perfect, it did not match the rest of me that I thought was okay. In comparison the rest of me was achy! (the "pluperfect healing" lasted one whole month). I always thought when the Lord heals you, you go back to normal, I NEVER heard of this kind of healing! PLUS...there was a set of hands (as real as mine) inside my back where the pain use to be ("the hands" lasted 3 days and 3 nights!), the wrists fitted together at my spine, the fingers pointing outward, the thumbs pointing upward!!! How could this happen? Why did He feel He had to do this? I never asked for this kind of healing, nor could even imagine it!!! Years later I found this Scripture "Because they regard not the works of the LORD, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up." Psalm 28:5.

Now what? Keep this to myself? Would you?

PLEASE hear me. My words are absolutely truth. THERE IS A GOD!!!

After this happening, I have witnessed so many more awesome miracles that I had to write a book on them, and how YOU can follow the steps for YOUR recovery.

Oh, my doctor told me he found cells in me that were half human, wanted an explanation, I couldn't give one! (didn't think the world or I was ready for this info.)

My husband Joseph (In 1974, we met in a hold up, he saved my life from the two armed robbers that almost took my life) is now a retired Police Chief and Commander of American Legion Police Post here, our oldest son became a cop. We are witnessing awesome miracles on a regular bases!

To this day (from 1996-2008), that back pain I suffered for about 9 years never returned.

My God is true to His word (Bible), "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." Psalm 7:34. "Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto My knowledge." Proverb 22:17

OMG, If the world only knew, what if?

God Bless you all for hearing...
Me

I realize this might be removed, because the world hates
anything to do with God. I feel sooo sorry for their soul!
But at least someone read it before removing. :lotsalove:

Got it. What does this have to do with SCUBA diving?

Right well...Welcome aboard

God Bless you all for hearing...
Me

I realize this might be removed, because the world hates
anything to do with God. I feel sooo sorry for their soul!
But at least someone read it before removing

??? It would only be removed because it has nothing to do with SCUBA. This site has nothing to do with hate.

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You've posted your introduction in the right forum, "Introductions and Greetings". Having the belief that God healed your injury and sharing that information in your greeting is not against the Terms of Service which can be found here.

For those interested, here's a small sample of our TOS:

This is a friendly forum based on mutual respect. While the Moderators will do their best to keep it that way, it's impossible for us to review every post. If any post seems to violate the spirit of this concept, please use the Report Bad Post button at the bottom of the post to notify us. All posts are the opinions of their respective authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of ScubaBoard. We are not responsible for posts' content, authenticity or accuracy.

No post should exceed a "PG" rating (link). Profane, racial, insulting or mean spirited language is simply not allowed here and this includes any sort of harassment or cyber bullying. Threats of any sort are grounds for immediate permanent suspension; there is never a reason to resort to personal attacks. If you feel that you have been attacked, please do not retaliate; instead use the Report Bad Post button at the bottom of each post to notify us. Trolling posts or off-topic posts (hijacking) may be moderated or removed.

I do hope that you'll find our diving community here at ScubaBoard helpful to you in furthering your interest in SCUBA Diving.

Take care!

You said "...has nothing to do with SCUBA"

You mean NO ONE has ever hurt their back from getting into the water?

Are you saying no one here ever dives into water...or do you ALWAYS slide into water?

Anyway, I did not ask for "scuba" forum, but this is where they say to introduce yourself.

Do you think only divers should hear this? Is this, do you think, what God intended this info. for...only divers? Hmmm? I wonder?

I am happy that you are healed. But your last two posts "were" confrontational. And it sounds like you are picking a fight whether you mean to or not. Your story is that of a miracle. Don't belittle it buy starting an unintended battle. Thank you for sharing your story.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom