Hello Scubaboard, I am new. Also need advice. :)

Which BCD would you pick for a diver who wants to dive for a long time?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shunshun

Registered
Reaction score
Hello every fellow divers,
I really enjoy reading this website. It truely has helped me a great deal on learning scuba diving and the gears. I am in the intermediate SCUBA class learning to be an advanced diver, next semester, I will be in the masters class.

I am currently using an US Divers Cousteau (pink and black!), which I got from a yard sale for $80, I also have a set of US divers regulator and octopus with a timer ($150), and Mares MR12 reg. set.($100+) I'd love to know everyone's oponion about my gears, if I have paid a high price for them. I just recently see someone posted a ads for a Tusa Imprex for sale for $35. I don't know if I should get it as I have already had one BCD. Please give me some advice on what you think about my gears, or what kind of gear would suit me.
Sincerely,
Jian Guan

Welcome aboard!!! Don't have any good info on the gear as I'm a newbie as well.. I have my own gear and am happy with it... I do have a Zeagle BCD and I love it...

Have fun!!!!

Hi Carolyn, thank you for your message. I hope you and I will both enjoy SCUBA to another level and more.

Each of the brands you've already purchased are good brands. Each is a major brand, and should be serviced if they haven't been already. The differences between each brand, is not which will function, they all will. The price you paid is good, if they are functioning correctly, annual service will keep each regulator going longer than some companies have been in business. Comparing BC's. . . each is a good well made BC. . .Everyone of them will fit dfferently. With a little experience, We can only hope your gear fits you comfortable. When you have much more experience, you may move into a specialized style of diving. . . then change your equipment to fit future demands. Austin Texas has good freshwater diving you can practice at any skill level, and basic equipment will work fine. There were some divers planning to map a straight line across lake Travis, in deep water. This is not a dive for inexperienced divers, with common equipment. . . Multiple tanks, dry suits, decompression. All this requires advanced equipment, and you'll need lots of dives and change your equipment only when you can over tax beginning equipment. I dove lake Travis 35 years ago, along with 200 divers, and not one was diving with advanced equipment.

welcome aboard

Thank you everyone for the kind advice. Do I really need to keep two sets of BCs and regulators for my current level? What do you think of it?
Thanks.

Each of the brands you've already purchased are good brands. Each is a major brand, and should be serviced if they haven't been already. The differences between each brand, is not which will function, they all will. The price you paid is good, if they are functioning correctly, annual service will keep each regulator going longer than some companies have been in business. Comparing BC's. . . each is a good well made BC. . .Everyone of them will fit dfferently. With a little experience, We can only hope your gear fits you comfortable. When you have much more experience, you may move into a specialized style of diving. . . then change your equipment to fit future demands. Austin Texas has good freshwater diving you can practice at any skill level, and basic equipment will work fine. There were some divers planning to map a straight line across lake Travis, in deep water. This is not a dive for inexperienced divers, with common equipment. . . Multiple tanks, dry suits, decompression. All this requires advanced equipment, and you'll need lots of dives and change your equipment only when you can over tax beginning equipment. I dove lake Travis 35 years ago, along with 200 divers, and not one was diving with advanced equipment.

Thank you mudhole. I like Lake Travis, but the water is not very clear recently... Have you been to the ocean in Texas?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom