New to diving and new to ScubaBoard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nicoleT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi Everyone!

My name is Nicole, from Brisbane, Australia. I'm new to diving and new to this forum. I completed my PADI Open Water certification in August and Advanced OW just a week ago. I've logged 14 dives so far, and as the weather warms up, I hope to log a lot more over the coming months.

Cheers,
Nicole.

Hi Nicole,

Way to go and welcome to SB! Taking your AOW will help you gain confidence and become more familiar with your local diving. The regional travel sections on SB are really useful when planning trips.

Safe diving,

Arizona

:happywave: and welcome to :sblogo:

be sure to pop into the aussie forum for our weekly dive thread and looking forward to seeing you joining in

enjoy the board!

hi everyone and thanks for making me feel so welcome. i'm loving all the different forums: been reading up on how to be a good buddy to what's a good entry-level underwater camera.

Arizona: yes, taking my AOW really helped me with my confidence! :)

thanks!

Nicole,

Glad to hear that :) If you find your way to Thailand PM. I take fun divers out and run a few courses part time. With your AOW cert you can take advantage of some of the wrecks that average in the 26-28m range. Your profile indicates you are a scientist. The work being done with Project Aware is very interesting and will allow you to explore a new reason to dive. This may be something worth looking into locally.

AZ

welcome aboard Nicole and congratulations.

Hi Nicole,
I am not new to diving but very new to this site. It is good to see there are plenty of Aussies here. Welcome to the world of diving, you are in danger of becoming addicted like the rest of us, although I fear it may be already too late.
This is a good example, obviously I should be working, however as I am easily distracted I am in here reading forums.
which shop you dive with in Bris?

Welcome aboard!!!
Kirsten

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom