Hello from Jupiter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cavediver60

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings from the Sunshine State,
I have been hooked on diving since the 1980's. I tend to lean towards technical diving and was cave certified in 1984. I am a mid-westerner by birth and enjoyed fun stuff like ice diving during the long Wisconsin winters. My current residence affords opportunities for both saltwater and freshwater diving; although my passion has always been cave diving. My most recent certification was Advanced Trimix/Cave. The vis was 100+ feet and it's great remembering the entire dive :)
Besides you get to talk like Mickey...

Scott

Welcome to Scubaboard. Good to have you with us.

Welcome! I live in Jupiter, also. I'm not into cave diving, but there is a forum for cave divers on SB, so I'm sure you'll meet a lot of buddies to cave dive with. If you ever want to do a drift or shore dive, let me know!

If you live in Jupiter and happen to have a guest room, then you just became My New Best Friend. :D

Seriously, welcome to the board... and while you'll have to be coming north to cave dive, you really should also check out the deep reef diving right off your shores, some of the best in the world. And also Jupiter Dive Center is one of the best ops in all of Florida!

>*< Fritz

Now, Tim, would we really try to seduce Scott into diving fabulous blue warm water in his own back yard to see outstanding pelagics and colorful marine life in lieu of long drives to the north to dive cold spring water where all he would see are white walls? :blinking: Where he could just drop all his gear off on the edge of the water at Jupiter Dive Center and not have to worry about stage bottles and decompression, and could just enjoy drifting down the reef with great people? And hang out at one of the local favorite restaurants afterward for some camaraderie instead of having to spend all that money on gas traveling for hours just to dive cold, lonely, lifeless tunnels?

Come on, Tim, give us saltwater, drift diving junkies a little more credit than that! :shakehead:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Come on, Scott, let's do it.....you know you want to do it....everybody does it!

welcome aboard

Now, Tim, would we really try to seduce Scott into diving fabulous blue warm water in his own back yard to see outstanding pelagics and colorful marine life in lieu of long drives to the north to dive cold spring water where all he would see are white walls? Where he could just drop all his gear off on the edge of the water at Jupiter Dive Center and not have to worry about stage bottles and decompression, and could just enjoy drifting down the reef with great people? And hang out at one of the local favorite restaurants afterward for some camaraderie instead of having to spend all that money on gas traveling for hours just to dive cold, lonely, lifeless tunnels?

Come on, Tim, give us saltwater, drift diving junkies a little more credit than that!

Come on, Scott, let's do it.....you know you want to do it....everybody does.

Yes you would!
We are going to fix him too! I worked in the same building with him for 2 years before somebody told me "Scott the engineer is a cave diver". I turned him on to JDC for his reg service and plan on setting his mind right. :)

Yeah come on Scott!
:sharkattack:

Back
Top Bottom