Bruce Partridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shearwater

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello.

I've been a member of ScubaBoard for several years, but haven't spent much time here in the past.

I'm mostly a rebreather diver and my company, Shearwater Research Inc., makes computers for technical divers.

Since technical divers come from open water divers just like I did, I thought it was about time that I started spending some more time here.

When I started diving, I really didn't like it that much, but I was committed to spending two weeks on a boat, so I took the course. It's a good thing too. If I hadn't kept doing it until my 10th dive, I probably would have just quit. But on my 11th dive I got face-to-face with some big sea turtles going up and down to sleep at dusk. It was an amazing dive and I've been hooked ever since.

As a life-long programmer, dive computers interested me immediately, and I started playing with designs in the late 90s. We are now on our 4th generation, and I'm as fascinated as ever.

Bruce Partridge

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom