New Member, New Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BTarver

Reaction score
Hello, folks.

I'm a new diver, not yet certified, but almost there.

I lived for 5 years on Florida's Gulf Coast, and another 9 years in South Florida. I've snorkled since I was 10, but never done SCUBA until I moved to Georgia. That doesn't make a lot of sense ...

I joined this forum mostly to look for others' thoughts on equipment and brands. I think I'm ready to take the plunge and buy my own gear.

BT

personally I am very fond of the oceanic and aqualung brands but each diver prefers to have that "Perfect fit" equipment. So go and rent gear for a while and if possible try diffrent brands and make a decision based off what you personally experience.

Don't buy gear until you have been diving awhile. Test aout different things. Seriously. Otherwise, you'll end of with 6 pair of fins and 14 masks. or more.....:)

Welcome aboard... A newbie here too.. I bought my gear pretty quickly after I passed OW, mainly b/c I like to have my own stuff.. The BC I bought fit like a glove, very comfy.. It's a Zeagle Zena.. I will admit to thinking about a different pair of fins though... Everything else seems to work great and fit well for what I'm doing now (fairly shallow shore/boat dives).. Waiting until you know what you want is a great idea, trying different equipment, and different combos of gear, researching different brands to see what does what you want it to do..

All in all, the main goal is to have fun and come back up...

Enjoy!!!

welcome aboard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom