San Andres Budget Accomodation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbb

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello everybody!

I will be travelling to San Andres in December .. unfortunately the accomodation that is available is a bit too pricey for my bf and myself!
We just want to dive and explore the island for a week. We're not looking for anything fancy .. just a bed and a shower. We cannot seem to find anything so any ideas of contacts would be useful.
We are both Maltese so we are really going out of our way to visit San Andres as its very very far away ... the flights have already cost an arm an a leg :) but we've heard the diving is fantastic.
We also might go to Providence budget permitting. We will be renting all our equippment so maybe someone knows of a reputable dive shop that would also set us up?
Look forwad to any suggestions
Cheers
Christianne & Max
MALTA

Hi! Welcome aBoard!! I think it's a good idea to take a look at the south american forum, where you may ask around, and eventually even find some good advice already posted. I've been to San Andres once and loved diving there. I stayed at the Decameron Aquarius and the on site dive operator (Diver's Team) was very good. Service was friendly and professional and we only had to dive. Everything else (mounting and unmounting the equipment in the dive boat, rinsing, hanging, drying...) was taken care of by the dive shop's staff. It was incredibly comfortable. The dive spots, from beautiful coral gardens to steep - and deep - walls, were all excellent. Most dive spots are very close to the hotels, so the boats usually come back to them for SI. Although the Aquarium is not exactly cheap, it's all inclusive, so you don't have to pay for anything else than phone calls! You can also book the dive package in advance and save some money!

Hope you find help with accomodations!! And I'm sure your efforts to get there will turn into a wonderful and unforgettable dive trip. From your profile I suppose you're quite new to diving. So, I'd like to remind you to dive safely. The amazing visibility some times takes us so close to our limits... Please do pay attention to depths and time limits.

Have Fun!!!!

welcome aboard

Check out Cli s place. I stayed there. They are as cheap as it gets and the rooms are still very clean, comfortable and nice.

Cli s Place Posada Nativa
Cli s Place is a small but very comfortable hotel in the center of San AndrñÔ, a few-minutes walk from the beach. The rooms have air conditioning, refrigerators, cable TV and clean bathrooms. The hotel is 5 minutes away from the airport by taxi. The hotel owner speaks English and Spanish. The room costs 40,000 COP/ $18 per person, per night.

Av. 20 de Julio #3-47 int 4 y 5
Tel: 0057-8-512 69 57
E-Mail: luciamhj@hotmail.com

Mary May Inn Best little hotel in town
Mary May Inn is situated next to CliÃÔ Place in the downtown. The rooms are rather unpretentious but they do have air conditioning, refrigerators, cable TV and clean bathrooms. The hotel owners speak English and Spanish. The room costs 40,000 COP/ $18 per person, per night.

July 20 Avenue 3-74
Tel: 0057-8-512 56 69
E-Mail: jfgallardo@gmail.com

You should also think about going to Isla de Providencia. The island is right next to San Andres and even nicer!!!

check out:D Sirius Hotel

They describe San Andres with hotels and how to get to Providencia.

take care

mac

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom