Newbie in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

B-La

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My first dive was Feb 14 in Cozumel.
I am hooked!
I am going back this Friday for another week of diving.
I can't rave enough about Blue Magic SCUBA and my instructor Gabriel.

If anyone is planning a diving trip to Cozumel I would HIGHLY recommend using Blue Magic!

B-La, welcome to the board, and congratulations on your new cert!

Warm water--there's nothing like it.

-Bryan

Welcome to the board.

CZM is great.

Where did you stay?

PH

B-La, you may not realize it, but you are living near some of the best diving in the world. It's not quite as easy as falling off a boat in Cozumel, but you'd be amazed at the color and life in Puget Sound waters. And yes, it is possible to dive here and not be cold. (I wouldn't have believed it, either.)

Welcome to diving, and I hope you give your local diving a try!

B-La, as TSandM says, get into the joy of cold. We have great diving in the puget sound area. Just keep learning skills.

Welcome to the board.

Lots of Seattlites on SB, and they will try and persuade to plunge into the cold green waters of the Pacific NW. It is certainly a different experience from Coz, but my word there is no way to adequately describe the first sensation of cold water creeping through your wetsuit for a Caribbean trained diver...

Last edited:
I know the NW is home to some amazing diving and I am definitely interested in experiencing it. My husband is a highly skilled technical diver who loves diving Puget Sound up to Vancouver Island. I am cutting my teeth in the warm water but will expand my experiences.

I dove with B-La and Blue Magic SCUBA in Cozumel this week and they were WONDERFUL! My friend completed her open water certification and had a great instructor, Adrian. Our divemaster, Pumba, was friendly and very helpful above and below the surface. Blue Magic gave us a very personalized trip, even in the midst of the busiest week of the year. They provided high-quality equipment and transportation to and from the boat. The owner even loaned my friend her personal wetsuit! The dives were beautiful and well organized so that we got to see many different types of reefs over the course of three days. The Twilight dive was especially great--one late afternoon dive and one as the sun was setting. We would highly recommend Blue Magic to anyone planning to dive in Cozumel! We can't wait to go back.

Back
Top Bottom