Greetings from Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Red Dragon

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello ppl,,,

I am Scuba Diver from the Sultant of Oman! been Diving now for more than 6 years.

Came here to find more knowledge on diving as I am currently try to run few projects
to monitor the coral life in Oman & do few dive maps of the common dive sites in Oman.

I work in africa for a year now but I go back to Oman every now and then...

Hope to learn lots of things from you people... :)

Hello Red Dragon,
welcome to the board :)

I read somewhere that Oman has some odd more or less endemic moray's. Do you know anything about that? Would you recommend Oman as a "diving destination"? -I hope to learn a few things from you :)

// Magnus;

Welcome Red Dragon!!

:admingreet:

Hello Red Dragon,
welcome to the board :)

I read somewhere that Oman has some odd more or less endemic moray's. Do you know anything about that? Would you recommend Oman as a "diving destination"? -I hope to learn a few things from you :)

// Magnus;

:crafty: Yes we do, I have posted some pics of moray's you can check em out. Some places you can even see 10 feet eels, and in other 5 or six in one spot, every time I dive in Oman, No mater if I do a shore or a boat dive I always see them...
We also have a wide selection of lion fish, zebra shark, Arabian Angle fish, Clown fish and if you are lucky you can see bull shark & dolphins...

Once I saw a wheal shark but I was out of air so I couldnÃÕ go after it :'(

Yea I would recommend it for every one, but do not book through the internet because the crappy dive centers are in the internet. PM if you are interested I could set you up for a hot deal.

rgds,,,
RD

Thanks, I just might do that :)

// Magnus;

Oki :)

I would advice you on the following dates...

some time between

15-Jun to 15-Jul
Or
2-Oct to 14-Oct

Other than that I am fully buzy this year :wink: LOL

That is if you want a good time :wink:

If you are looking to have a tan then June July is the best time plus the water will be amazing, you dont even need to wear a wet suit at this time...

If you are looking to have a tan then June July is the best time plus the water will be amazing, you dont even need to wear a wet suit at this time...

Some warm weather would be nice, looking out on a snowy / slushy Stockholm right now...

Thanks,
// Magnus;

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom