Newbie in Chicago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UncleFunks

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi all, just saying "what up" from Chi-town. I'll be starting my training here soon.

Shout out to PvtStash - yo!

Welcome to SB.
Where are you getting your training? Only one shop in Chicago city limits, but many along the border. Do you know were you will do your OW dives?
My wife and I go too Haigh Quarry one weekend a month May-Sept. Look forward to seeing you, once you get certified.
You're in for the ride of your life!

Hi Unclefunks (and h2odragon1):
Welcome to the board! Looking forward to meeting you at Haigh, or on a wreck dive someplace this summer. Next time you go, let me know. I'm always up for diving (once we get past this blasted snow!)

Thanks guys, good to be here. I'll be doing my training with with DiveMax Scuba (can't post URLs yet) with Captain Darrick Lorenzen; he trains at a number of locations in the area. My certification dives will be at Haigh (and probably a lot of my later dives, I imagine). Haigh looks pretty nice from what I've seen, how is it?

My wife wants to get certified too, but not right away, so I'm happy to hook up with some locals for diving. Where else do you dive in the area? Do you do any Lake Michigan dives?

It's pretty nice as far as quarries go. I plan on being there quite a bit this summer. I often go during the week because it's less crowded, but if I'm free I'll go anytime! Lake Michigan has great wreck dives and I'm hoping to hit a couple this year. There are a lot of divers from this area that dive them regularly. If you're looking to go, just post a threat on the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew and I'm sure you'll find people willing to dive with you. And you can always PM me. Lots of us looking for a good excuse to go!

Welcome to the board. We do lots of Lake Michigan dives. Good luck with your training. Diving locally is very good, regardless of what people say about the water temps, visibility, etc. If you can dive locally, you can dive pretty much anywhere. Hope to see you at the quarry or Lake Michigan sometime.

After a year's prompting/cajoling and outright demanding....

You Have Arrived! :)

wtg.

this place (you'll find) will be as useful as your OW basic if not more, tons of good stuff on here... spend a couple/few hours doin' searches on various topics of interest and you'll know almost as much as me in no time at all... :wink:

glad your here

:)

Yes, yes, I'm finally here PvtStash. Get off my case. :wink:

@ppo2_diver: Thanks, hope to do some like diving this summer after my cert. We're not too far from you, in Westchester (near Oak Brook).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom