First time diving in CA-- recs please!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all, I'm looking forward to some honest advice from you pros. I can also share my own somewhat limited experiences diving in Hawaii (Big Island rocks!), Mexico and Grand Cayman. Hubby and I are planning to dive CA for the first time this summer (hoping to see seals!), but the reports I've been reading on the web are making me a little nervous. Can anyone share tips, best places to go (Anacapa vs. Catalina, or other places?), pitfalls (diving in kelp, etc.), best dive shops w/best rates? (Do need to rent equipment, as we live in AZ so don't get the chance to get underwater too often.) Any advice greatly appreciated! (Oh yeah, and I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water...)

If you re-post your question in the "California Kelp Divers" forum, you will get a wealth of information. I posted there two years ago before I made a trip to the LA area and got lots of great information on dive boats.

I dont know where the reports available..hope you can collect through online...you should be well practised before your attempt..all the best

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom