Howdy from SCUBA Granny in INDIANA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

penngrad

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was just certified in July of 2007 for OW. I started kind of late in life- I have 3 adult children and 2 grandkids. After I have more dives under my belt I will go for my advanced and from there- who knows!?
All of my dives other than my certification have been warm water dives. I'm fascinated by the incredible reef life and marine life. I have dove in the keys a few times and in Hawaii. While in HI I did the manta ray night dive. Absolutely incredible!! 17 graceful manta rays circling and "flying" around us during the 45 minute dive. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
I was happy to see the Gilboa Quarry's Guiness Dive advertised on the SB site. I plan on attending with a few local divers from Indiana. I have called a few local motels near Gilboa and have some info. I'd be happy to share this info with anyone interested.
Also, regarding Gilboa, I have a friend coming in from FL on the Allegiant Air flight to the Toledo Express airport and is looking for a ride to Gilboa from the airport on July 16th. His flight arrives about 9:25 am. If anyone is going to be in the Toledo area, is driving to Gilboa and wouldn't mind giving him a ride, please send me an e-mail.
Thanks!
Michele

Hey Scuba Granny! Thanks for the info, I also started diving late in life! Gilboa is hosting a (great lakes wrecking crew) meet and greet in late April. Check out the thread and maybe we'll see you there. t

You're welcome for the info. I'd love to attend the meet and greet. You may have to direct me... I didn't find the thread but would love to know more about it.
Thanks!!
Scuba Granny

Back
Top Bottom