Diving in the BVI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi guys I am new to this site. I am off to the British Virgin Islands anybody know about diving around Norman Island?

There are a few decent sites around Norman Island - the best one is Santa Monica Rocks and probably the second best is Brown Pants. Other nearby dive sites are Carrot Shoal (pretty good), Spyglass (a bit lame), Angel Fish Reef (a bit lame), Black Forest (OK), the Indians (OK, but a bit over dived), Ringdove Rock (can't recall - been too long) and Shark Point (good, but need calm weather).

Sail Caribbean Divers have a small dive operation in The Bight of Norman Island, next to the Pirates restaurant. But most dive operators will do rendez vous pickups in that area.

These links may assist you picking sites:

BVI Dive Sites

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/le...mans-british-virgin-islands-diving-guide.html

Hey thanks Rhone Man!

So you think Sail Caribbean Divers are the ones to dive with then? An intresting desciption of then on your dive guide. Do those guys dive the Rhone and is it all it is cracked up to be. I guess you must be the man to ask....

Thanks

Although, with the exception of the Indians, I don't think we dove around Norman Island, you still might get some information from my dive report of our BVI trip from 2006.

Hey thanks Rhone Man!

So you think Sail Caribbean Divers are the ones to dive with then? An intresting desciption of then on your dive guide. Do those guys dive the Rhone and is it all it is cracked up to be. I guess you must be the man to ask....

Thanks

Everyone dives the Rhone down here... I like SCD, because they are professional and they tend to leave the dock when they say they will leave the dock, but it really depends what you like.

Is the Rhone as good as it is cracked up to be? Opinions vary as to whether it is an excellent dive or just one with an overblown reputation. If you come to the BVI you should certainly make it one of the dives that you do. Sometimes you get a pretty bland dive, but at least the wreck is there. Other times you get a pretty magical experience. The wreck is nearly 150 years old, and has been a national park for over 40, so the marine life is normally pretty good. Plus you get a better-than-average tale of death and despair to listen to (the story of the sinking) during your surface interval.

Back
Top Bottom