Hi everyone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Not tried diving myself as yet, still not brave enough. Snorkelled in Mexico which was a huge achievement for me and am hoping to do it again in Egypt this summer.
Anyway as the family organiser I have signed up to research diving for my husband and eldest daughter. They have just signed up with Dive Northampton to do their PADI open water course prior to us going out to Nabq Bay in August. Both are very excited!!

I have already been warned that this could turn out to be an expensive hobby, but have to say none of us know much about what basic kit they should get themselves, what we should look for in a dive centre etc So I'm hoping that the forums will be an invaluable source of information- nothing like hearing it from those that do it. Also my daughter is only 12, so as a Mum it is a little scary waving her off even if she is with her Dad. They did a beginners dive in Turkey last year and it was a long wait for them coming back

Hoping to 'meet' lots of you over the coming months.

Pam

hi pam welcome to SB your best bet for what to look for in dive kit is when your husband joins a dive club they will point him in the right direction!!!!most people start off by buying off ebay till they get the bare essentials,hope this helps alan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom