Greetings from Michigan!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fresh_fish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I'm Kristin. I got certified back in 2007, though I've been a fish my whole life. I love the water! I have SSI Open water and Nitrox right now. I wish I had more time to get more certs. :D

I found myself coming to this site over and over through all my searches and figured I should just be a member already! As far as diving in Michigan, it's cold. I'm planning a few warmer dives this year, hopefully it will be enough to keep me from buying a drysuit. *crosses fingers*

Glad to be here!

Hi Kristin, I've been diving once so far this year. The water temp was 40f, you will want a dry suit for Michigan diving.

Hey Kristin!! Welcome to the board!!

Where in Michigan are you??

Don't forget to check out the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum.

You can dive wet in Michigan....you just have to REALLY want to dive to do it.
The best time is from August to October when the season turns.
Water can be upwards of 55+ in Lake Huron

I did all last year from June thru October. Even did a dive wet the 2nd week of Jan.

2nd week in Jan? Wow, that's cold. I was in lake Huron in Oct, and wore a 2 pc 7mm wet, hood, gloves, and I survived with a couple cramps.

I'm diving in Ft. Lauderdale next month, and soooo looking forward to it. The warm water will feel good after this winter we had.

2nd week in Jan? Wow, that's cold. I was in lake Huron in Oct, and wore a 2 pc 7mm wet, hood, gloves, and I survived with a couple cramps.

I'm diving in Ft. Lauderdale next month, and soooo looking forward to it. The warm water will feel good after this winter we had.

Niiiice !! Love FL reefs!!

Who were you diving with in Lake Huron??

Hi Kristin
My last time out was thru the ice, water temp of 34f, I'm looking forward to that warm 50f water,
Welcome to the board. Happy diving.

Ice diving? That's crazytalk!

I dive with Bruno's up here. At the sanilac shores wrecks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom