Hi from the High Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mac.calder

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,

My name's Mac, I am an Aussy, however I live and work in the cruise industry - as a lighting technician with Royal Caribbean.

I was recently PADI OW certified in Phuket, Thailand with 9 others on board - we did a private course based on our docking schedule. It was a great experiance, even if the visibility was shot (70,000 tonnes of cruise ship pulling into the same bay as you are diving in does that) and we had to use Long Tails as our dive boats because we got in long after the companies dive boat left.

I am overweight, so me climbing into the long tail after the second dive (we had to do all the pool sessions followed by 2 dives to be able to fit it all in before one of our guys left the ship) was quite a sight to behold.

I also managed to get in a couple of dives in Cambodia before I left the ship for the Caribbean... Now I am trying to get some dives in there.

I must say, I have the dive bug and am looking to buy some of my own equiptment (because I really want a comfortable BCD) and I am also looking to improve my boyancy techniques - I had a few issues on my last dive where I had to keep swimming downwards, (most noticeably after changing BCD's)..

Anyway, I will probably do a fair bit of lurking as I try to learn more.

Back
Top Bottom