Hiiiii everybody

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

segraves1

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Been using the site for a while now (as a guest), but finally got off my rump and joined this week. I'm relatively new to diving but am working towards my dive master certification.

My "goal/path" is technical diving and have thus equipped myself accordingly. My major equipment list is:

Apex XTX100 1st/2nd
OxyChek mini-alum backplate/32lb doughnut HOG bladder (1piece harness)
Tusa split fins
5/4mm full wetsuit
3mm gloves and hood

I never really liked the jacket BC (too bulky/too much "stuff") so when it came time to get a BC, I just "dove in" (couldn't resist :wink: ) and got a backplate.....couldn't be happier!

As I said, I'm working towards my dive master cert so I hope to find a dive shop somewhere in Florida, Cali, etc. (continental US) that I can "intern" with this summer to get the required number of dives/experience to finish it out. My primary dive shop here in AZ (El Mar in Mesa) said unfortunately not being on the coast, they just don't dive enough to be able to help me out. So if anyone knows of some/is connected to any dive shops that would be willing to have "free dive help", please let me know.

I'm also looking for people here in AZ who I can go lake diving with, since not everyone can go every weekend.

That should be about it. So again, "Hiiiii everybody"! :happywave:

Welcome to the 'board!!!

Looking for local divers, the please feel free to drop on down to your local forum and join in the fun here:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/southwest-sand-sharks/

And if you come further west, make sure you stop and look us up in our local So.Cal. forum and dive with us.

Will do! SoCal is reasonably easy for me to get to for the weekend and summers!

Hi I wanted to say welcome to Scuba Board, good luck on your endeavor to become a DM.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom