Mares Rashguard for snorkeling: problem with size and sleeve-length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dagmar

Registered
Reaction score
Hi snorkelers,

I love to snorkel in warm water (e.g. Thailand), but last time I got a very bad bronchitis with high fever, and my doctor advised me to wear something warm in the future when staying in the water for over an hour.
I don't like shorties because I feel uncomfortable in them, that's why I decided to buy a neoprene shirt. I like the look of the Mares She Dives Thermo Guard, and it has got 0.5 mm neoprene. I guess that should be enough for the tropics, right?

Anyway, my problem is the right size: Somebody in this forum wrote that the Mares suits run large, whereas the internet shop from which I might buy told me the opposite! How should I find out the right size for me then?
I am hoping for a member of this forum to own this shirt and thus be able to give me an advice concerning the fitting. My measurements are:

I am 5 ft. 9.7 inch tall
chest: almost 40 inch
waist: 33 inch

I am wondering whether the L size would fit me or rather XL... (I am a woman.)

I would also like to ask the snorkelers whether a short sleeve rashguard is better than a long sleeve. I prefer a long sleeve, since I don't have to use sun screen on my arms then, but somebody told me that it is more uncomfortable to snorkel with a long sleeve because short sleeves allow more freedom of motion.

I would be grateful for any answer!

Kind regards
Dagmar

Back
Top Bottom