just surfacing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MnLakeDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello All,
I've been lurking for a few days and reading some posts and thought it was time I loged in and said Hi. I went through padi's discover scuba and compleated 2 dives in Cancun last March and I am now starting my OW cert classes.

MNLakeDiver......welcome to the "Wetheads" another soldier to add to our collective. Divers will rule the world. We are growing by leaps and bounds. If you have been watching this board you will see that there are a lot of helpful and great people on this board. I am a newbie myself and have learned a great amount already. Butch :whoa:

Hey MnLakeDiver,

Welcome to the boards... have fun and get wet! I take it the Mn refers to Minnesota??? Do tell!

Hello MnLakeDiver, welcome to the ScubaSource family. Glad to have you aboard! ...Diving 10,000 lakes... that sounds like a VERY cool goal. It'll take a while, but you know what they say, "it's not the destination that's important, it's the journey!"

When you finish diving those 10000, why not start on Saskatchewan's lakes. I don't wanna sound like I'm bragging, but there lots of lakes here. Bring a drysuit though, as you push near the 60th parallel, it will be getting cold. Try this page Sask Tourism

MNLD - a little late, I know, but welcome and all I can say to Minnesota lake diving is brrrrrrr :cold:

From hot & humid Thailand
:) Land of Smiles... :)

Hi MnLakeDiver, I too am from Minnesota and new to Scuba. I am starting my classes next week. Can't wait to start diving. Have you checked out the open mine pits up by Crosby? They look real cool, most of the MN dive shop websites have local diving links with underwater pics of some of the sites.

The lakes aren't cold here all of the time. I was out in one here in Minneapolis about a week and a half ago and the water temp at the surface was 88F and it was 83F at 20'. Of course, the air temp was 98F at the time. It was a shorty kind of day. My drysuit is beginning to think I don't love it anymore.

JoelW

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom