Just wanting to say HI from SC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lhhoback

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have been lurking around this board for the last year or so and have as yet to take the time to say HI. So I figure its about time to stop being rude and say HOWDY from a new diver in SC.

I have really enjoyed the board. It tends to load a bit slow on my computer when I transition between pages..so I haven't been patient enought to explore the site as much as I would like. But I have gained alot of info monitering what I could over the last year.

I did my OW last Nov after surviving a Discovery Scuba in Nassau the Spring before. The Discovery was probably the scariest thing I have EVER done and I'm still convinced that fella just pushed me off the back of the boat:wink:. But once I finally realized I could actually breath while under the water...I had a blast!!

Since then my dive buddy (my awesome husband,diving since 89) and I have tried to get wet anytime we can. We have done our AOW, nav, PPB, deep and are hoping to do Nitrox soon. We just returned from a trip to the bahamas where we were able to get in 4 dives...IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!

So I could ramble on and on but basically I just wanted to say HI and thanks for the info over the last year...It has been extremely helpful!!

Welcome to SB....Glad the info has been helpful. My husband is my dive buddy , too. It's nice to be able to share such amazing experiences!

Hello Ihhoback,

Hello from Charleston SC. There is a link at the bottom of this posting that will take you to a Scubaboard social group that I maintain. It is filled mostly with postings about diving offshore Charleston, the rivers, Florida, the Keys, and a little bit on NC. I personally use it as a place to store scuba diving references. I urge others to do the same. It sounds like you will be using Wateree in Columbia SC. I have used their shop in the past.

Welcome to the board. I also have a dive partner that is as passionate about diving as myself, so I can relate to what you expressed. Hope to see you around.

Hello Ihhoback,

Hello from Charleston SC. There is a link at the bottom of this posting that will take you to a Scubaboard social group that I maintain. It is filled mostly with postings about diving offshore Charleston, the rivers, Florida, the Keys, and a little bit on NC. I personally use it as a place to store scuba diving references. I urge others to do the same. It sounds like you will be using Wateree in Columbia SC. I have used their shop in the past.

Welcome to the board. I also have a dive partner that is as passionate about diving as myself, so I can relate to what you expressed. Hope to see you around.

Lee
Thanks for the info. That will be invaluable!!
We have been able to dive several times out of Myrtle Beach but have not yet made it to Charleston. We have been monitering their site but none of the scheduled trips fit our schedule this year...but we definately plan on getting there next year.

We actually do most of our certification thru Columbia Scuba ( a great group!!) but we have also been by Wateree numerous times as well as Lexington Scuba and find them all to be great folks.

Looking forward to more diving here in the Southeast!!

Lari

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom