Hi from NE Wisconsin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubabaer

Registered
Reaction score
I've been lurking for a little while, reading alot of the posts, so thought maybe I'd come out of my shell and do an intro. Plenty of interesting info on this board. Glad I came across it.

Got my OW June 1, 2003. Been diving twice since. My girlfriend got hers July 5, 2003. She's not interested in doing anymore diving so if there's anyone in the Green Bay or Door County area looking for a dive buddy and doesn't mind a neophite, please contact me.

We were in Hawaii on a cruise the first two weeks in March. Did some snorkeling. Got back home and decided to try scuba. Nothing up here like in Hawaii.

Concidering going for my AOW yet this summer. Kinda proud to say I'm just starting scuba at the young age of 51. In my early 20's I logged 86 skydiving jumps. Scuba has always been on my list of things to do. Hope to enjoy going under water as much as I did up in the sky.

You came out of your shell. Always can use another scuba mind. :)

Hello there,

I was living in Appleton, WI about 6 months ago and there are some pretty active dive clubs in that area. In the Appleton area I belonged to a club called Fox Valley Scuba Club (www.fvsc.net). They are a great group that is very active and have a wide range of ages and experience in the club. In the Green Bay area there is a club called Neptune's Nimrods that are fairly active as well. I don't know their website, but I'm sure you could find them in a search.

Enjoy the diving in WI, because the wrecks are spectacular.

Later,
Rob

Hi there,I live in Fond du Lac.I will be up in Gills ock at Shoreline Charters the 26 or 27.Maybe we can do a shoredive whiile I am up there?I heard Green Bay Scubahas a great pamphlet on shore dives in the area.I belong to a great club urgetosubmerge.com
Do you have your AOW yet?The wreck diving is the best dives IMO.Hope to hear back from you,would be good to have a buddy up there.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Rob, thanks for the info on the Fox Valley Scuba Club. I'll check them out.

Jedidiver, unfortunately the weekend of July 26/27 is pretty busy for me. Maybe some other time. July 4th weekend we were at Gills Rock, Fleetwing Wreck. Not to impressive. My girlfriend took her first day of OW there. Green Bay Scuba is where we took our training and certifications. They do fun dives late wednesday afternoons up to Door County. Went last wednesday but didn't get home until 11:30PM. So I'll be looking for more weekend dives. Maybe we can hookup another time.

PaulB, I'm not sure about the scuba mind just yet. Maybe by the end of summer. Thanks anyway.

Two years later... another diver from Wisconsin replies. So - what do you think about diving the Caribbean post 2005 hurricanes?

Welcome.............hey your a young buck to start at 51. Started at 52 here and loving it more each day. One suggestion: if your girl friend doesn't want to dive anymore......its time to make a change. One must have one priorities stright.

Happy Diving

I just like to say "Hi!" to ever new member who comes thru here, so - "Howdy there...!!"

PM me if I can help you find your way here...

:cowboy2: don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom