new diver in Charlotte, NC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JCBuck

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,
new diver here my wife and I start classes Thursday. Looking forward to becoming an active member of the diving community. Any help, suggestions and recommendations on technique and gear would be great.
Thanks

And you should look into becoming a member at the PDRA quarries. I dive in lake Norman quarry in mooresville. It's cold water diving but it's a lot of fun. In the summer it warms up nice.

I lived in that part of nc for 8 years. What dive shop did u go to?

I lived in that part of nc for 8 years. What dive shop did u go to?

If you are talking to me, I use Lake Norman Scuba for air fills.

They don't carry the type of gear that I like so I will use other shops to get gear.

we are taking classes at Open Water Adventures. thanks for the greeting and recommendations once it warms up we look forward to diving in the quarry.

as a tech diver, I use Divers Supply in Charlotte, although that is rare since I'm in Raleigh. As an FYI the quarry temps don't get "warm" until like July... they're still in the 50's come May

Im from the Charlotte area and I've been diving for around 4 years now in the PDRA quaries. I 'm looking for someone to dive with since my partner isn't able anymore.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom