I need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bubbledog

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi ya'all. I'm new to this. My girlfriend is planning on taking a local scuba course, but wants to do her certification dives while on a cruise (Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire, DR and Turks and Caicos). Anyone have any suggestions of dive shops that will allow this?
Thanks
Woof

AFAIK, most shops will allow this. She'll need a referral letter from the instructor. We did classes locally and certs in Cancun.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

IMO, I'd arrange for a land-based vacation and schedule with a reliable dive op. Cruises usually aren't in one place long enough to complete the required dives. I supposed there may be an instructor on board ship, but I personally would not be comfortable with that choice.

Altho not ideal, should be doable. Keep copies of all paperwork in case anything gets lost. Doing cert dives on two different days with two different operators, probably in private lesson dives, in different rental gear, etc. would not be easy - but better than cert diving Toronto in the winter. :shocked2:

How about arriving in the boarding port a few days early to do the cert dives there before boarding, then enjoying the dives in the ports? Having a very experienced BF for a bud is a big plus.

Thanks all for your great advice. After a few (dozen) emails, I was able to find 2 islands who would each allow us to do 2 dives. Looking forward to some great diving.
woof

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom