new diver in the central wisconsin area looking for buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marco58

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey there fellow divers. Marco here, from Marshfield Wisconsin. New to the dive community and are really looking foward to having some real fun exploring the underwater world. If there is any diver in the central Wisconsin area drop me a line.

Hi Marco! Welcome to the forums.

I used to live in your neck of the woods. Grew up in Wis. Rapids. Now I'm over in Oshkosh though.

I don't do much diving around here. Too busy in the summer and too cold in the winter. Do most of my diving on vacations to the tropics.

Good luck with your diving. Have fun and do it safely!

Go to Lake Wazee on any given weekend and you are bound to find some new dive buddies.

Hey craracer, thanks for the input, although I do have a question on how you go about meeting the divers. I mean do you just walk up and say hey can I go diving with you? Feel kind of funny doing it that way. I do go to Wazee alot. Was there yesterday and it was a real good dive going along the wall over the deep end. Only went down 64ft but it was still a great time.

Just start up a conversation with the divers parked next to you. For the most part, everyone is pretty friendly, and if you are straightforward with them, would allow you to tag along. Now, if the group beside you are all diving rebreathers, I would probably move to the next vehicle. Not that they aren't friendly; just probably a bit above the diving you will be doing.

I would also check in with Wazee Sports. I'm sure that they have "fun dives" and whatnot that you could participate in. Go to their web page, or call them. I'm sure that they would also direct you to local dive clubs.

Which wall were you diving?

Hello and welcome aboard!!! Great advice about Wazee Sports, Keith is the Owner and a great guy....

thanks for the info onWazee Sports I will have to check it out. As far as the wall, it was by Bluegill dive spot. Go down by the water and go to the right. The farthest buoy is over a dive platform that is about 25 ft. down. From there go straight out from there . The wall goes along for quite awhile and you can see alot of different things that other divers have put there. There is a dalmation along side a fire hydrant and some ceramic religious items.

Back
Top Bottom