Hello out there! I'm not quite one of you...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tig45

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey all,

my name is AJ, I'm 15. The reason for my title is that I don't dive at this point in my life, unfortunately I'm a fish out of water in New York city... but nonetheless, nature... especially the ocean, and marine life, has always been a passion of mine. I grew up fishing around Brooklyn and Staten Island, and through that I guess I really developed a love for the ocean, as well as a drive to protect it and its inhabitants. I decided to join here because I want to learn more about the ocean and diving for when that day comes that I get the chance to put on a tank and a wetsuit and dive in. :eyebrow:

I did get to do some snorkling last Easter break, in Punta Gorda, Florida, and it was an absolutely amazing experience. By the standards of anyone other than me... especially of someone who dives regularly... it would probably be a pretty sub-par trip... water was shallow, cold, and muddy, visibility was probably about a foot and a half, and the bottom was paved with jagged barnacle covered rocks. But I did get to observe Gray Snapper, Pinfish, some type of Goby, and some type of Swimming Crab, and it was AMAZING. I've spent time in tide pools observing, and netting, but for some reason, being completely under water watching those animals was far cry from anything else I ever did.

Hello! welcome in, I hope you get the chance to do an open water class, the world underwater is awesome, much better than the views you get snorkeling!

welcome aboard!!
follow your passion
i could snorkle along until i was told to get out of the water,at your age!!!
i'm still in awe at the fish,plant ,wildlife etc. everytime i'm underwater
see if you can hook up with a dive shop that gives discover scuba nights
then you'll really be hooked!!!
have
fun
yaeg:cool2:

My son started at 18...but he had wanted to start Scuba since your age. In 1 1/2 years he's gone from PADI Open Water to Dive Master (DM).
He's now 19 and already working in the field.

If you have a dream, fulfill it.

Remember, Cold Water divers are better divers (duck, dodge) :wink: because...cold water training is harder? Cold water as in fresh water.
You'll be amazed at how easy it is in "warm" Caribbean waters.

Back
Top Bottom