Cozumel - Newbie seeks advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fred3798

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi. I'm new here and look forward to learning from you and sharing with you. My wife and I are 50 (plus a bit) and have been diving for 5 years. We have logged 50 dives. Last year we went to Grand Cayman and we just got back from Turks & Caicos. Whales, dolphins, sharks. It was great. So we have now booked 10 days in Cozumel in March. We are staying at the Intercontinental Presidente but we are not married to the in-house dive shop. We will be doing our first Nitrox dives and really want a great dive shop that takes care. I have gone expensive and had mediocre dives and gone cheap and had great dives. I find that it just turns on whether the Dive Master really cares to make the experience special. Good equipment, trained staff who are closely supervised, helps. All suggestions for the best dive shop in Cozumel big, small, private or big resort groups - all wlecome. We want great folks who care about their divers. ThanksFred

Hi Fred,

Great,

Sounds like you had some good diving. Cozumel is a good choice for your next progression. The drift diving is fun , yet challenging. You'll be happy diving nitrox. You are smart to seek out a well qualified divemaster.

I have the perfect divemaster/boat for you and your wife.

PM me for more info.

We have a group going in late April/May. I first visited Cozumel in 1969, and have been sending and taking divers ever since.

BTW, who did yo use in T & C and GC?

You will love Cozumel,

Casey

We were just on Coz in December, and frankly there are about 10,000 excellent dive ops. We dove with Aldora Divers.
Big tanks (HP100 or HP120) for tons of bottom time, small groups, friendly, experienced, caring staff. What's not to like?

We are staying at the Intercontinental Presidente but we are not married to the in-house dive shop. We will be doing our first Nitrox dives and really want a great dive shop that takes care. I have gone expensive and had mediocre dives and gone cheap and had great dives. I find that it just turns on whether the Dive Master really cares to make the experience special. Good equipment, trained staff who are closely supervised, helps. All suggestions for the best dive shop in Cozumel big, small, private or big resort groups - all wlecome. We want great folks who care about their divers. ThanksFred

Fred -There is no such thing as the 'best' dive shop in Cozumel. Because that depends upon what is 'best' for you.

ScubaDu will take great care of you. If you want a great dive shop that will take care, with good equipment, trained staff who are closely supervised and diver masters who care to make the experience special, you've got it.

If you want more than that, such as bigger tanks, small, fast boats, access to more advanced dive sites then there are a couple of other dive ops who you could use who would give you that on top of everything else you said you wanted. But if what you posted is all you want, you'll be in excellent hands.

Welcome aboard
14.gif
14.gif
14.gif

Fred,

Welcome to ScubaBoard...good choice on Coz. I have dove a few times with Dive Paradise and liked them. I would find one that will pick you up at your hotel. Like others have said they are many good operators there...they look out for each other (in the good sense of the meaning) and they know that tourism is their lifeblood. Also great move going to Nitrox...easier on the seasoned divers :D

~Michael~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom