I left my car keys in my BCD...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknofly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all

First post on any forum is the hardest so here's to breaking the ice.

I completed my OW in December after putting it off for far too many years and I'm well and truly hooked. Nitrox under the belt and some adventure dives lined up for this weekend and hanging out for a dive trip in Padang Bai in early February.

Since the first taste my wallet is hurting and I've discovered a whole new world of procrastination in the form of dive websites and forums.

I hail from sunny Perth, Western Australia and can't wait to explore more local and international dive sites!

Look forward to seeing you around.

:admingreet:

Talking with people in other countries about their experiences is fun and you can learn a lot. What was the hardest skill for you to master?

Oh, Australia is a wonderful country for diving! Lucky you!

NetDoc: Definitely getting the hover down pat during the open water. Establishing the buoyancy was not too bad (after a little practice) but maintaining the balance and avoiding rolling all over the place will definitely take a little more practice. I'm hoping that I can squeeze in a Peak Performance Buoyancy dive this weekend to help develop those skills.

TSandM: Fortunately my job takes me to some lovely places and one of the key drivers to getting my ass into gear and getting my qualifications was paddling around the fringes of Ningaloo up at Coral Bay and Exmouth with only a snorkel felt like a wasted opportunity. I also sent a colleague up in my absence and he came back with some amazing whale shark stories.

I'm glad I am not the only one

No, OP is not alone
shakehead.gif

Hi There and Welcome-

I'm a noobie also. My husband and I got our OW a couple of years ago. However, we don't have the type of dive opportunities you do! We lived in Bunbury for 2 years in the late 90's. We loved Australia. Perth is one of my favorite places.

Back
Top Bottom