Single Diver Seeking Buddy in So CA!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MelStL

New
Reaction score
North Hollywood, California, United States
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Divers,

I am a newly certified diver in Southern CA, and am searching for a local dive-buddy -- at least a weekend a month or so on Catalina, or nearby coastal waters, to keep up the skills and interest.
I am also a private/instrument-rated pilot, and ground instructor in aviation so we can be creative about transportation (within altitude/time limits, of course), to an extent. :)

Please PM me with any interest, or to liaise anyone looking for an active dive buddy.

Also, I am ASL-capable (i.e. not fluent) and work with a lot of deaf pilots and the So CA deaf community, socially -- but I don't know any deaf divers. So, any ASL-friendly buddies (or those wanting to learn) would be GREAT! It really opens up the communication underwater! :) (However, ASL absolutely not required for a diving buddy...!)

Thanks!
Blue skies and clear waters!
-Mel

Welcome aboard!!!
Glad you found your way down to our local forum...join in the fun we have here and you will find plenty of oppertunities to get wet.
Hope to see you in the water one of these days soon.

Welcome to SB, Mel - wish I was State-side... sounds like the journey to the dive spots could be just as much fun as the diving :wink:

Welcome to SB Mel. I just left socal and would have joined you if i could. There are some local dive spots off Rendondo Beach a friend of mine took me to. Have fun and happy bubbling.

There are its of great clubs around here, Mel! Most shops have boats chartered most weekends and if you go on a few you end up seeing familiar faces.

All the local dive boats are happy to help pair you up with a buddy (or group) when you are on board. The park in Avalon is a great place to meet divers and even join up with folks.

I will be there this Saturday doing some dry suit certs. Easy dives to tag along........

I am new (-ish) to posting here but I think there is a board specific to finding buddies, too.

Welcome to diving So Cal!!

Karen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom