Hey people! Here from Toronto(ish) ON

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AaronRiot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey people!

Name's Aaron and I'm new here. I'm up in Canada - near Toronto. Pretty new to diving. With that being said I've been water oriented all my life - mask and fins at the cottage since I could walk. It's just been bad luck and bad timing that I haven't had more time for scuba... Job, family, girlfriend - you name it - there was always something in the way.

I finally got my open water cert two summers ago up north but hit another snag in continuing my new found passion. Even though I fell in love with diving and instantly felt at home underwater (finally without having to hold my breath) life got in the way again.

Well I'm putting a stop to this. I've come to a point where I've got nothing holding me back and I plan to pursue my dream aggressively for the next few years!!

Anyway, I should stop dragging on. Hopefully this board will be a gateway to meet some new friends and learn everything I can about everything dive related.

There are a bunch of us that dive Lake Ontario at Humber Bay every Sunday through the winter (meet around 10:00 a.m.) You can also check out Ontariodiving.com to meet a bunch of Toronto area divers.

Bob

Thankyou for the advice, and the invite! I will be sure to check out ontariodiving.com tonight. As for through the winter dives, I have no dry suit experience as of yet, so perhaps I will have to take a course before I can join you guys one Sunday. It's definitely something I would like to look into.

I'm going to sign up at a local shop (I'm actually about a 30min drive outside of the city) for a refresher and nitrox class, both of which run early March. With those under my belt a dry suit specialty class is a good next step I think. I would like to be able to dive up here year-round while I'm not traveling abroad. I plan to go through the advanced course as soon as its warm enough and then hopefully start traveling.

Thanks again

You can still come out and meet folks and get advice even if you are not diving. The invitation is always there :)

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom