Diving in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi
Quick question. I have been certified since 1988, I have my advanced open water dive card. now living in Montana, haven't dove too much in recent years. Is my card all I need when I vacation in Roatan. Is it worth it to take any equipment or just rent there?
Thanks

All you need is your C - Card, but if it has been a while, you might want to take a refresher course. The diving in Roatan is not difficult. I always take my own gear because I know it fits, I am really familiar with it and it just makes for a more relaxing dive for me. I carry everything except tanks and weights. Also make sure to carry 100% deet for the sand fleas. The really tear me up.

Normally any dive operator should request a minimum of 6 months to the last previous dive or a refresher course (scuba skills update) in that period.
A decent dive operator will request your Cert card and prove of dive - log book. If you are far from this, the Dive Op could push you to do the refresher course the day before or dive coupled with a Dive Master.
Carrying your gear depends on the weight you are willing to carry. I normally carry my dive mask, snorkel, PDC, Compass, safety mirror, safety wistle, camera and UW Housing + accesories. The rest I rent.

Back
Top Bottom