Hello in Venice, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ehamill

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning all,

After a few years of wanting...and a few weeks of trolling, I have decided to take the plunge, both in training and in joining SB.

Planning on taking my class in March at Scuba Quest Sarasota (based on suggested read here on SB and a promo they have coming up that I could not refuse).

Looking at equipment I will be purchasing now... Plan on reading up lots before finally making that purchase... Debating the merits of ebay vs local. Saving money is not as important as safety.

I do have some dive experience... Grew up on a lake in Colchester, CT, where 2 dive master spent hours with me and a friend training us in PADI, although never officially. It was a great experience and one I have always wanted to repeat, but never had the time or energy... As I approach 40yrs old, I realize that it is now or never!

Cant wait to get to know more people on here...I will try to keep my questions to a minimum and always search first!!!!

Best Regards,

Edward Hamill
Nokomis, FL

Welcome to the under-side....You're lucky to live so close to some of the best fossil [ Shark's tooth ] hunting in the world :D !!!....

Welcome! I am in the same situation as you, I start my classes on Wednesday, at Kevin sweeney's in Naples. Would love to meet up for a dive some day!

Sent from my IPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the beginning of your new addiction!!!!!
And welcome to ScubaBoard.
As a newly minted diver,you should consider attending MegaDive event at Ginnie Springs.
There is always large numbers of divers, and non divers there.
Many of these same people also assemble at Venice Beach for a day of shark tooth diving and social fun.
These are both good events to meet many divers at and allow you to dive in what could be the safest possible means.
Many of the regulars are Technical Divers and some are Instructors as well.
Imagine diving your first dives with multiple Instructors and not having to pay them to be there.
Oh and did I mention that they are some of the finest people you will find anywhere.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!!!1

Welcome to the beginning of your new addiction!!!!!
And welcome to ScubaBoard.
As a newly minted diver,you should consider attending MegaDive event at Ginnie Springs.
There is always large numbers of divers, and non divers there.
Many of these same people also assemble at Venice Beach for a day of shark tooth diving and social fun.
These are both good events to meet many divers at and allow you to dive in what could be the safest possible means.
Many of the regulars are Technical Divers and some are Instructors as well.
Imagine diving your first dives with multiple Instructors and not having to pay them to be there.
Oh and did I mention that they are some of the finest people you will find anywhere.

Thanks for the welcome and the advice... I will certainly do a search for when the megadive event is...sounds like a blast! Looking forward to meeting you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom