Would like to say hi!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scylis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Good day to all,
My name is Adrian, and I am a BSAC trained sports diver, I have been diving on and of for about ten years. I did all of my training in the cold waters of the UK, as that is where I am from, until moving to sunny climes of the Philippines, and I can tell you I do not miss the UK cold waters any more LOL. Most of my diving now takes place around Subic Bay, when I am home from work.

This year I am venturing into the world of Tec diving, I will do the PADI tec40/ or TDI. I feel the training that can be had from doing this training in Subic would be good for me as there are parts of the bay that are very murky. Which can enhance your skills, I am also going to buy a wing as well, I would like to buy one in the Philippines, but sometimes find the Philippines can be lacking in dive stores, and I live to far from Manila.

I may purchase one from the many stores that are states side, due to ease of shipping to DPO sites. So if any one can give some info on tec diving it would be greatly appreciated.

Adrian.

I'm envious of you being able to dive and live in the Philippines. I was stationed at Clark Air Base until a rude volcano erupted and sent us running to Subic and ultimately back to the states. Have you made it to Puerta Gallera or Palawan? I snorkled some off Grande Island as I wasn't Scuba Certified at the time, but I heard stories of people finding giant clams around Batangas that were large enough to feed an Army. My last trip to the Phils was in 1998. Too long ago. Here is a link to my dive shop. Hope it helps. Eugene Skin Divers Supply, Eugene, Oregon

Welcome! You might want to point your way to "DevonDiver" here on ScubaBoard. He is a tech instructor in Manila.

Bill

Hi Adrian,

Have you thought of doing the BSAC Technical courses with BSAC Thailand.

Courses range from basic nitrox to trimis rebreather.
I have thought about Thailand, but I am short on time, when I go home for rotation off. But I am sure furhter down the line I may go out to Thailand, I have a few mates that live there. And my wife would like to go as well.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Thanks to for the welcomes to scubaboard. :)

Back
Top Bottom