New To Diving, and Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mr_adrian70

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello everyone. Greetings from New Mexico. Im totally new to diving, and just joined this board. I took a resort diving course in Cozumel several years ago, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. When i first jumped off the boat into the water i had a brief panic attack, it just felt like i was going to drown. It was really scary! Then i started to relax, breathe, and had a great time seeing Palancar reef. It was truely amazing, and wonderful! I finally decided to get certified, and enrolled in a SSI Open Water course. Today is actually my first day of class. Im so excited! It should be alot of fun! It sure wasnt cheap, but hopefully itll be money well spent.

In October i have a vacation planned for Little Corn Island in Nicaragua . I got a good deal on a hotel there, with 10 dives from the attached dive shop. It should be an awesome adventure, with some good diving! Hopefully the weather then is nice. Has anyone here been diving on Little Corn? Im so looking forward to getting away from it all, and being in paradise!

Welcome to SB and good luck with your cert. Sounds like you have a great attitude and are set for a lifetime addiction. Take your training seriously - savor it as much as your "fun" dives - and keep training. Its part of the fun and keeps you safe Never been diving in Nicaragua (or NM) but I'm sure others will chime in. Best if luck and let us know how it goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom