Delurking...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codefox

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've lurked here for a while. I really don't know when I came here first. Probably when I was researching new gear. So I figured it was time to delurk! I've lived in Florida all my life and been diving for since 1998 or 99. Since most of that time was me as a poor high school/college student/recent grad I didn't get much diving in those early years but the past 3 or 4 years I've really been able to get back into the sport. This year has been great so far...been out for 10 dives already.

To fund my fun I'm a middleware/solutions consultant (which worked out as a bonus in a trip to Australia a few years ago :) ) I've learned a lot lurking here in the past year. I've given more thought to my ascent times from my safety stops and have managed to cut down on the weight I take down quite a bit. Hoping to keep learning more!

welcome to the boards im from florida also. if your looking at dropping extra weights check out my article on steel tanks its on daniellesdives.com on the blog tech section. if you have any questions feel free to pm me
rich

I always had a feeling someone was watching us. Now I know who it was.

welcome to the boards im from florida also. if your looking at dropping extra weights check out my article on steel tanks its on daniellesdives.com on the blog tech section. if you have any questions feel free to pm me
rich

Hah, I had just read the article about this on the front page here too. I have never actually gone diving up here in the Tampa area so I've never wanted to buy tanks and I assumed renting a steel tank would be difficult. I like the idea of the steel tank though because more than just dropping extra weight, the tank stays negative. I'm going down to Ft. Lauderdale next weekend...I'll have to see if I can rent a steel tank to try out.

---------- Post added May 6th, 2012 at 09:56 AM ----------

I always had a feeling someone was watching us. Now I know who it was.

You're not the same Insta-Gator I've seen on some Gator forums are you?

www.goldcoastscuba.net in lauderdale by the sea does rent hp steels ask for steve or brian. If you mention your a member of Danielle's Dives - About Danielle's Dives you will get a 10 % discount of all rentals. We are diving flbts of the beach all day tomorrow and will post a report on tuesday
rich

You're not the same Insta-Gator I've seen on some Gator forums are you?

Probably not. I've tried to use it on a couple of Gator forums, but it was already taken.

Go Gators!

www.goldcoastscuba.net in lauderdale by the sea does rent hp steels ask for steve or brian. If you mention your a member of Danielle's Dives - About Danielle's Dives you will get a 10 % discount of all rentals. We are diving flbts of the beach all day tomorrow and will post a report on tuesday
rich

I got Steve today. They only have Steel 100s to rent but I'll give it a try and see how it is since the buoyancy properties are similar between the two. I'd really like to try some 80s since that's really all I need but its all good. :)

What's a 'middleware/solutions' consultant ????

Back
Top Bottom